Mining Sector Investment Fund
The SDBJ mining investment fund: financing mining projects
To contribute to the renewal of mineral resources and the sustainability of the mining industry in the James Bay territory.
In putting forward a distinct framework for the mining sector, the fund aims to:
- promote the mining potential of the James Bay territory to increase the number of junior mining exploration companies active in the territory;
- increase the total investment in mining exploration in the James Bay territory.
The SDBJ’s mining investment fund meets the financing needs of junior mining exploration companies in order to stimulate the mining industry in the James Bay territory, including the mineral potential that remains largely unexplored.
Interventions target mining companies with capital stock.
- Concise business plan for the coming year
- Mining exploration project at least at the stage of verifying anomalies and mineral indexes
- Geological survey report describing the work to be financed and including a working budget
- Company’s financial situation
- Company’s yield potential
- Number of outstanding shares
- Volume of shares traded
- Share price
- Experience and abilities of company directors
- Expertise of the team responsible for geological exploration work
- Presentation of a letter of commitment to work and on the economic benefits for communities throughout the James Bay territory
Means of intervention
- A maximum of $6 million will be spent on financing the mineral exploration
- Amount of investment required: $100,000 to $500,000
- Participation of less than 10% of share capital
- Private investment in share capital
- Private investment in debentures