The SDBJ investment fund: financing your business projects
This fund was established to support the economic development of the James Bay territory by investing in stategic and profitable business projects within the region.
By financing business projects, the SDBJ investment fund aims to promote:
- job creation;
- increased investments in the territory;
- the emergence of new products and technologies
The fund is a catalyst for financing projects within the James Bay territory and its regional presence allows it to complete the offer from other regional partners and financial institutions. A team of well-established professionals throughout the region manages by seeking the right balance between profitability, financial risk and impact on the territory’s economic development, from a sustainable development perspective.
Targeted economic sectors
All economic sectors (mining, forestry, tourism, food, industrial, etc.) are eligible.
- Interventions exclusively target for-profit companies or those wishing to settle in the James Bay territory
- Job creation, diversification of the economy or emergence of new products and technologies
Means of intervention
- Amount of investment required: $100,000 to $500,000
- Investment horizon: five to seven years
- Debentures (convertible or not)
- Capital stock
- Participatory loans
- Unsecured loans
A value-added involvement
- In addition to being a financial partner, the SDBJ investment fund creates a synergy between the various businesses of its investment portfolio
- Our economic development counsellors offer assistance, advice and support, including:
- Review of the company’s situation (financial, management, marketing);
- Optimization of the financing solution (research grants and funding);
- Choice of extrenal professionals relevant to the needs of your business;
- Preparation of various documents related to the funding request;
- Support for the company in subsequent financing phases (growth, repositioning, diversification).